A New York native, Kyle Henry was born and raised in Brooklyn. Throughout his younger years he lived in New York, Atlanta, Memphis and now calls the San Francisco Bay Area home.
As an ambitious young man, 16 years old to be exact, Kyle shot his first wedding and started his business, Hit Maker Films (formerly Hit Maker Productions) in the great city of Memphis, TN. What started as a way to earn extra money grew into a love and passion. Because of his early introduction into the film and broadcast world in high school Kyle was well prepared for this rewarding ride that he had embarked upon.
Fast forward 13 years. With well over 500 weddings under his belt, Kyle continues to create wedding films, but now only accepts a limited amount of bookings per year to ensure each client receives the absolute best product possible. He is a graduate of Academy of Art University with a focus in Cinematography. Aside from weddings, Kyle has become the trusted video producer for celebrities like Stephen Curry and brands like Chase, Google, and Under Armour. View his commercial video production work here www.openlightfilms.com
For leisure, Kyle enjoys dining out, watching movies, reading, and traveling.
10 Random things about me Kyle, in his own word:
1. I’m usually very happy… My life motto is “Why waste a minute being sad or mad when you can be happy? ” Simple, but it reminds me to always enjoy the simple things life has to offer.
2. I love to travel. So far I’ve been to 24 countries and over 50 cities around the world. I still have a lot of places to visit.
3. My favorite foods are Thai, Chinese and Mexican.
4. My favorite outfit is usually a button-up shirt and a pair of dark blue jeans.
5. I love watching movies, usually at home. Unless it’s a really good movie, then I must go to the movie theater. I’m sure this one comes as no surprise, I’m a filmmaker!
6. I love to read! Mostly non-fiction, I’ll rather movies for my entertainment and books for learning new things.
7. My favorite ice cream is strawberry. Never gets old!
8. I’m slightly addicted to coffee. Ok, you got me! Maybe not slightly… I’ve recently bought a pretty legit expresso machine.
9. I love being with family. They always have your best interest at heart and are simply the most fun to be around.
10. Lastly, I love making films! Maybe that deserves a few more exclamation marks, so let’s try that again and maybe with caps this time. I LOVE MAKING FILMS!!!! Whether it’s wedding films, short films or music videos, I love the craft of filmmaking. This is what keeps my passion alive and allows me to never get bored of my craft. If you love what you do, you will never have to “work” a day in your life.